Hello, my name is Mary Langfield, a health coach and yoga instructor in Minneapolis, MN. I work with ambitious, self-aware women who are willing to work for the results they want, but they just need to be pointed in the right direction.
In my online programs and private sessions, I teach them how to feel better in their bodies and make better choices that include the foods they love and the fun they’re used to having.
For nearly 28 years, I was obsessed with my looks, shameful of my curves and about 25 lbs. from some kind of imagined utopia. Loving myself, flaws and all, was pretty much a joke because I saw how gorgeous, skinny women even hated things about themselves.
I believed in working hard to achieve my goals, yet I regularly felt stressed, tired and anxious. Sugar was my motivational friend. Exercise, shame and guilt inevitably followed. I was an information junkie on purposeful careers, organic foods and toxic free living.
While this knowledge lit me up, I often wondered:
- Why didn’t people care more about their work or their health?
- How could they let their dreams fade away?
- Why do they settle for quick-fix medications and unhealthy foods?
- Why aren’t they willing to fight for what they want?”
Through my frustration and observations, I never forgot about my father who was very ill most of my life. Watching his diabetic body suffer was both devastating and scary. This made me extra vigilant about my health and thankful to be alive, especially after his passing.
Despite the strict rules I placed on myself, I secretly longed to be just like everyone else:
When will I stop worrying about weight and just be okay with it?
Why is my skin breaking out and my stomach a wreck?
What’s up with these intense sugar cravings?
Can’t believe I’m tired again!
Finally, I found the strength to break free from my internal prison. I wanted to hear what my body was asking for and answer appropriately, once and for all.
That’s when I found my new career path in health coaching, functional nutrition, yoga, Ayurveda and healing/energy medicine. The next few years became a full-on immersion:
- Graduated from Institute for Integrative Nutrition in New York City
- Certified by the American Association of Drugless Practitioners
- Studied energy healing (reiki) at the University of Minnesota
- Studied Thai massage in Chang Mai, Thailand
- Studied Ayurveda and Tibetan Medicine in Dharamsala, India
- Graduated from Devanadi Yoga’s 500 Hour training program in Minneapolis, MN
- Became a Certified Ayurvedic Specialist through the Himalayan Institute
- Became a student of advanced nutrition and physiology at Replenish PDX
- Became a student of Homeopathy! So excited about this training and the amazing benefits I have seen as well as my family and friends just treating acute illness. Graduation on this is a few years out…
Each of these modalities have two common threads: the foods we eat affect us greatly and each person’s health requires a unique approach.
It’s difficult to know what’s good for us and what’s not. I’m here to say–there are a couple common rules, but having a customized plan works best. It’s what I love most about my work. The needs, wants and hopes of every individual are examined, honored and implemented.
Despite my health education, my issues of not being thin, pretty or smart enough still require some delicacy. And it’s funny how the motivated women who find me also struggle with abusive self-talk, but we’re not going let it take us down!
Join me in becoming a healthy woman, inside and out, who knows what she needs to be her best. Let’s set new standards of health and excellence for ourselves and for women everywhere.
Contact me right away and let’s get started on YOU!
Did my story resonate with you?
I’d love to connect with you online.